Number inputs are similar to text inputs, but contain controls used to increase or decrease an incremental value.
- Do not use number inputs when large value changes are expected. They work best for making small, incremental changes that only require a few clicks.
- Enable the user to also choose to type a number in the field.
- Ensure that a default value is shown within the field.
- Use a clear and concise label for the number input.
- Use sentence-style capitalization (only the first word in a phrase and any proper nouns capitalized) for the label.
- See further guidance for using number labels within forms.