Carbon is the open-source design system for all IBM software products. It is a series of individual styles, components, and guidelines used for creating unified UI.
Carbon components are supported in the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge latest
- Firefox latest
- Chrome latest
- Safari latest
First, make sure the problem is reproducible. Once confirmed, please open an issue in the appropriate GitHub repo (see below). We will address the bug as soon as we can. If you have a fix for the bug please feel free to submit a PR for it.
If you have a pressing bug or change it is best to make PR for the issue yourself. Our team works in sprints and will try to address your bug as soon as possible; sometimes within two or three days, but usually by the following sprint. Issues that are out of scope will be closed until they become a higher priority.
Typical responses to bug reports will include:
- Need more info, can’t reproduce the problem
- Won’t fix, this isn’t something we intend to support
- Confirmed, will add to our roadmap (Carbon team will fix)
- Confirmed, will accept PRs (need external member to fix)
- Need to include design to verify this behavior is supported
First, refer to the Carbon accessibility guidelines to confirm that the component fails accessibility standards. If confirmed, create a GitHub issue in the Components repo and describe the steps to reproduce the problem. If the core Carbon team confirms the problem, we will work to fix it as quickly as possible.
- COO number of IBM material (if any): AUS720180239
- Name of IBM material (with version number): IBM Design System [Version 9, Release n/a, Modification n/a]
- Last release date: June 4, 2018
- Name of Product/Program manager or author of material: Daniel Kuehn/Austin/IBM
- Version 10 draft in progress and will be posted here when approved
Carbon charts are in development and classified as experimental. Check out the experimental charts repo to explore the work so far.
These charts will receive an updated color palette to match Carbon v10. Visual guidance and chart components are also in the works!