Carbon is not just one team. To sustain productive contribution and maintain a clear direction for Carbon as a whole, various groups work together to provide direction, governance, and support.
The Carbon Design System steering committee provides oversight and direction for Carbon and its design and development community. It is made up of Carbon practitioners to ensure Carbon stays true to the community we’re serving.
- Improve design strategy, quality, and consistency within the design system and our guidance to ensure excellence.
- Promote and support usage of, and contribution to, the Carbon Design System within their organizations.
- Assist with the alignment and standardization of components, patterns, content, and tooling to ensure consistency of design standards and resources across teams and business units.
- Highlight projects of high potential business value, and assist with finding collaborators and resources.
- Provide a quarterly update to the advisory board.
The Carbon advisory board is comprised of executives across the company who advise on the direction of Carbon and ensure top level buy-in and resource allocation to support Carbon’s work.
- Champion Carbon adoption and Carbon standards within their organization.
- Where possible, commit to engaging design or development resources from within their organization to help accomplish the Carbon roadmap.
- Hold the steering committee, and Carbon as a whole, accountable for delivery of design standards, guidance, and excellence with business impact.
- Provide the steering committee with feedback on business needs, to facilitate a Carbon roadmap that meets those needs.