The slider React Carbon component has been tested against the latest W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level A and AA success criteria and violations have been identified as high priority issues. This document will be updated when these accessibility issues are resolved.
- Labels should be clear and concise.
- W3C WAI-ARIA Authoring Practices Slider Design Pattern covers the usage of ARIA names, state and roles, as well as the expected keyboard interactions.
- IBM Accessibility Checklist Checkpoint:
- 1.3.1 Info and Relationships (WCAG Success Criteria 1.3.1)
- 1.3.2 Meaningful Sequence (WCAG Success Criteria 1.3.2)
- 2.1.1 Keyboard (WCAG Success Criteria 2.1.1)
- 2.4.3 Focus Order (WCAG Success Criteria 2.4.3)
- 2.4.6 Headings and Labels (WCAG Success Criteria 2.4.6)
- 2.4.7 Focus Visible (WCAG Success Criteria 2.4.7)
- 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value (WCAG Success Criteria 4.1.2)
Accessibility issues are tracked in the Carbon Component GitHub repository.
- Chrome version 77.0.3865.90
- Dynamic Assessment Plugin (DAP) version 188.8.131.52 - IBM Accessibility WCAG 2.1 Sept. 2019 Ruleset
- Carbon React version 7.7.1
- No violations